Here is a quick recipe that will take your boring chicken night to the next level. This recipe comes from Chef Ramsey’s The “F” Word that aired on Wednesday and combines frying the chicken to seal in the flavor then baking to finish it off.
Rather than the sauces you may have seen in prior recipes on this site, this takes some simple ingredients [shallots, garlic, basil, and tomatoes] and tops the chicken during the baking process. The mozzarella cheese tops the whole ordeal to hold it together.
You will notice that the ingredient list does not show exact measurements. Well for one I jotted down this recipe from the show and has not been posted on the site [The “F” Word], and I think we are getting to the point, if you have been following this blog, where we cook by feel more than by measurements. Except for baking! Yep baking takes precise measurements.
So back to the chicken.
- Skinned, boned chicken breast
- Egg wash (two eggs beaten)
- Bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Shallots chopped
- Garlic chopped
- Basil rough chopped
- Cherry tomatoes quartered
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450°.
- Clean your chicken breasts and butterfly them to make them cook more evenly. Alternatively you can pound the chicken flat.
- Run the chicken through the flour and dust off the excess. Coat the chicken in the egg wash. Then run it through the bread crumbs. Salt and pepper.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add some olive oil to the pan and place the chicken in the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides, then put on a plate and set a side. The chicken will not be fully cooked through yet.
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic and shallots. Cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the basil and tomatoes. Cook down for about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken (you set aside) on a baking sheet. Place the tomato basil mixture on top of the chicken. Slice the mozzarella cheese and put on top of the tomato basil mixture. (Your building a creation here).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the chicken is done. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Plate up.