Gingerbread can be easily prepared in home. Here we have a simple recipe to make gingerbread. For this we have to take 350 g of plain white flour, 2 tablespoon of ground ginger, 2.5 ml ground cloves, 125 g butter, 175 g soft light brown sugar, 1 egg, 4 tablespoon golden syrup, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda and 15 ml ground cinnamon. It takes only 30 minutes in preparing. First of all in the mixture of spices, mix the butter, flour and the bicarbonate of soda.After mixing these when it becomes like crumb, add sugar in it. Beat an egg, then in this slightly warm mixture add and mix until it becomes dough. On a floured surface make a ¼ inch thick dough layer and with the help of a cutter, cut different shapes of it. For hanging it make a hole in each. Put the shapes on in the baking trays on the non stick baking sheets. Bake it on 190 degree centigrade for at least 10 minutes until it become golden brown. For icing we need 1 egg white, food coloring and icing sugar.
In the beaten egg white, add the shifted icing sugar and if you like then add the colors in the icing for decorating the biscuits. In the last make the icing patterns you like on the biscuits and leave them for drying. See below easy gingerbread recipe for kids.
German Gingerbread Cake
- 3 eggs
- raisins (1 cup)
- honey (2/3 cup)
- 250g sour cream
- 250g butter, softened
- baking powder (4 TSP)
- ground ginger (2 TSP)
- orange juice (1/2 cup)
- wholemeal flour (1 cup)
- ground cinnamon (1 TSP)
- ground nutmeg (1/4 TSP)
- ground cloves (1/4 TSP)
- plain flour (1 2/3 cups)
- orange liqueur (1/4 cup)
- packed brown sugar (2 cups)
- blanched slivered almonds (1 cup)
Method Of Making
- Flours, baking powder, and spices mix them.
- Pour the butter with the brown sugar in basin.
- Then mix eggs, honey, orange liqueur, sour cream, and orange juice in it.
- Together flour mixture into the creamed blend, and then swirl in the raisins and almonds.
- Transfer the batter into a greased and floured ring tin.
- Bake cake at 180 degrees until it tests done with toothpick.
- Ready To Serve